Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Light, gardens, and Twig

Below is Marty and I's first attempt at light painting. We got a wild hair last week after we got the camera and well this is what we got. There were a few others, but this one is our favorite. This photograph is straight out of the camera. No editing, aside from converting the file to a jpeg.
Photobucket

This photo is from two nights after the first. I helped Marty lock up the college on sunday night and we decided to use the theatre. All I can say is we are addicted. We are both thinking of items we can use to paint with light.

Photobucket

Here is my newly planted herb garden. The fencing is to keep the dog out. She thinks we planted this stuff just for her to dig up. It's great. She already pulled out the orange mint. P.S. Please ignore the green paint. That used to be the color of our house. Then it was white and pretty soon it'll be something else. I am leaning towards a nice medium grey. But we'll see.

Photobucket

My darling Husband built me this fancy new raised bed. I ordered some amazing heirloom seeds and can't wait to plant them. Mammoth red cabbage, leeks, beets, and these little carrots.

Photobucket

And finally, Twig, or Lou, or Tiny, or whatever you want to call him. I took this when messing around with the new camera and I think it turned out pretty good. And besides how can you resist the cuteness?

Photobucket

No comments: