Friday, April 23, 2010

Confession

I have a serious problem. It's really no big secret. I've had this "issue" for most of my life. Marty is aware and does help me try and battle it. Sometimes, I can be in real denial of this problem. I just simply ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist, secretly hoping no one else will notice and it might just go away. Heh. Right.

I'm talking about hoarding folks. Let's face it, I have enough tenancies to become a full fledged, self denying, pack rat. For example, I have items in my kitchen that I haven't used since I moved into this house over 3 years ago. "BUT, you never know, I might need THAT!" And I'm not talking just a few items, I'm talking several.

I have shoes and clothes packed into my closet that haven't seen the light of day in 5 years. For example, a totally CUTE pair of nine west wedges. I can't even remember the last time I wore them. Suits, shirts, sweaters, some 10 years old.

When I moved to California in 2005 I packed up my apartment and half if it went with me, the other half went into storage. When I moved in with Marty the storage unit was unloaded and those boxes came home with me. Some of those boxes haven't even been unpacked. BUT I can't get rid of what's in them! I might need it! Really!

Maybe I'm too frugal, or cheap, or have too much sentiment. I just can't seem to get rid of anything.

My Mother in Law is having a yard sale next weekend. And I am attempting to ahem, "get rid" of a few things. Please wish me luck. I may need a 12 step program.

No comments: