Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Thankful

Alright, here is the Thanksgiving post.  I know, it's almost Christmas, but sheesh, it sneaks up on you.

After snopocalipse 2010 we braved the roads to Oregon.  After leaving the peninsula the roads were great!  However, trying to travel the day before Thanksgiving on the I-5 corridor was a mistake.  What usually takes 4 1/2 hours took us 8 hours!!!  Everybody and their brother had the same idea as us.  Oh the terror of 8 hours in the car with 2 teenagers, a tween, and an ALMOST 5 year old!  Plus you throw me in the mix, the one who has a bladder smaller than an acorn and whose husband bought her a red bull and a cup of coffee.  Well let's just say the drive was, uh, interesting.

Isn't Thanksgiving all about the food?  I think so.  Well not really, but mostly.  Needless to say a good portion of the photos I took were of food.  I must be obsessed or something.

The bird before she went in the oven.

Photobucket

We had a huge spread of hors d'oeuvres. I'm surprised we could actually eat dinner!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Meanwhile, as my Mom and I prepared food, this guy ransacked the bird feeder.

Photobucket

We fed the ladies leftover veggie scraps and cracked corn.

Photobucket

I love this photo Marty took!

Photobucket

We got to visit with my Brother and Sister-in-Law and our nephews!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


We had a wonderful time, ate until we almost burst, played Bingo and Mafia, and were crazy enough to brave Black Friday.  With kids in tow! 

I am so thankful to have my Family!

Note: there are no pictures of the actual meal because, apparently I was so ravenous with hunger I didn't take any.  Oops.

No comments: