There are a few good things about fall though. The kids go back to school, YESSS!, soup is a more acceptable dinner, I feel like reading more, the leaves start to change, and I can focus on some indoor projects that have been haunting me.
I've got a whole list of things I want to accomplish this fall and winter. Marty is busily working on our never ending remodel and as much as I'd like to think I'm awesome help to him, I mostly just end up in the way. So I think I'll try and whittle my to do list down instead of thinking I'm some kind of carpenter.
- Build a new head board, like this.
- Sew a duvet cover.
- Lose 5 more pounds and KEEP them off.
- Make soup for dinner more. (I know I said this up there, and the truth is even though soup is a great dinner for fall, I don't make it nearly enough.)
- Sew a proper circle skirt and wear it with a crinoline.
- Get a better understanding of Photoshop.
- Turn 30. I don't really have much say in this, so since it's inevitable, I'm embracing it.
- Make doughnuts at home, from scratch. (This totally contradicts my losing 5 more pounds and actually might be the reason I need to lose those pounds. Dang sweet tooth.)
- Re-organize the pantry.
- Blog more. (That's a good one huh!)
- Paint one wall of our new bedroom with stripes.
- Find a old piece of furniture so I can do this.
Maybe I'll start working on the pantry this weekend... maybe.