Monday, July 27, 2009

One down, forever to go....

Yesterday was our one year anniversary. What a whirlwind of a year. It felt as if I'd just turned the corner to walk down the aisle to my Groom on a warm summer evening surrounded by friends and family. But really, it was 365 days later. And I am still madly in love, more so each day.

It's the good kind of whirlwind though, the kind where you are content in life and it just moves as it's supposed to. The kind where life happens and you follow it, bouncing along like a car on a dirt road, on a summer evening, knowing you are headed in the right direction, but not sure where you are exactly going.

I feel so blessed to be where I am. To be married to a man who takes me as I am, the good, and the bad. A man who takes the time to show me he cares, to make me feel adored, and loved. Who, without even knowing it, can take my breath away with a look, a smile, or even just the sound of his voice.

I am learning much about marriage. About the relationship it sustains and surrounds. Marty has taught me so much this last year about myself. I get excited for what our future holds, it's rich jewels we have yet to discover. But for now, I'll say thank you to my Husband for loving me the way only he knows how!

Happy Anniversary Love!



Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him up. Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm; But how can one be warm alone? Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
Ecclesiastes 4 9:12

1 comment:

Cameron Ingalls said...

HAAAAPY ANNIVERSARY! Been thinking about you guys. Sounds like everything is going well. Love and Miss you! Asher is due in November. So excited!